Judy S. LaKind, Ph.D.
Judy S. LaKind, President of LaKind Associates, LLC, Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, is a health and environmental scientist with expertise in exposure assessment, strategic risk management, assessment of human health risks, biomonitoring, scientific and technical analysis for regulatory and litigation support, and state-of-the-science and systematic reviews.
Dr. LaKind has spoken and published extensively on exposure- and risk-related issues, including:
- Children’s exposures to environmental chemicals
- Use of NHANES data in environmental epidemiology research
- The implications of uncertainty in the risk assessment process
- Weighing potential risks and benefits related to chemical use
- Environmental chemicals in human milk
- Time-dependence and distributional analysis of exposure
She serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health and Environment International and is a member of the World Health Organization Survey Coordinating Committee for the WHO Global Survey of Human Milk for Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs). Dr. LaKind co-chaired the ISES 2015 Annual Meeting.